Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours conducts tourism planning and sales, contributes to the local community while making an effort to develop skilled workers. In providing our tourism-related service, and considering the usefulness of personal information, we have established an information protection policy to protect the individual’s rights and interests, and all board members and employees shall carry out this policy in good faith.
The term “personal information” as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”) Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours is the controller of personal information and responsible for our websites, including https://fujisan-pref.jp/ (the “Site”).
1. Our data privacy principles
- Our company will acquire, use and provide appropriate personal information, considering the business content and scale.
- Our company will specify the purpose of the use of personal information and take appropriate measures to ensure the use of personal information does not exceed that purpose.
- Our company will comply with laws regarding the use of personal information, policy set by the government and other related regulations.
- Our company will establish a security management system to prevent a leak, loss, deletion or damage of personal information. Moreover, we will take appropriate corrective and preventive measures for accidents relating to personal information.
- Our company will promptly respond to requests for disclosure of, inquiries about and complains regarding personal information, by the establishment of an enquiry desk.
- Our company will review and appropriately improve the information security management system.
2. What information do we collect?
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
a) Personal information you give us.
You may give us your personal information including name and contact details, by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you ask us about, or register to use our products or services; subscribe to our publications; request marketing to be sent to you, or give us feedback.
b) Personal information we collect.
As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, the date you have accessed our Site, the website you have visited before visiting our Site, your browser, OS, IP address, and the domain name. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. The content recorded on access logs is not used in conjunction with personal information. It is used as server operation information to assist in improving our Site and services.
3. Regarding Cookies
Like many websites, we use ‘Cookies’ to make our Site more convenient to our customers.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred between a Web server and your Web browser, and stored on your computer or mobile device as a file.
b) Cookies are used for analytic practices to help us understand our customers’ activities in our services.
You may disable the function of Cookies by choosing the browser’s configuration. Please note that this may result in you not being able to use all or part of the services on our Site.
4. How do we process information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
a) To confirm your identity;
b) To respond to your questions and provide related customer services;
c) To detect and prevent fraud or other financial crime;
d) To monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network;
e) For internal business intelligence purposes, to conduct research, product development and enhancement;
f) To inform you of changes made to our Site and other services;
g) To conduct marketing and commercial activities and to market relevant offers and promotions to you;
h) To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
i) To display content based on your interests;
j) Enable you to search information on our Site;
k) Assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising
l) Improve our Site; and
m) Offer you tourism service
From time to time, we may send out emails for promotion purposes to announce our services, functions, researches, news, promotions, contests, and events. Our customers may opt-out of receiving these emails. We may use a third-party service provider to send out emails or to communicate smoothly with our customers. For a smoother communication, we may share information, such as your email address, to the service provider for this limited purpose only.
6. How do we share information?
Your personal information will be treated as being strictly confidential. We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- a) Our tourism partners such as hotels and inns, transportation companies, restaurants, activity providers and guides, etc., only when necessary for tour execution;
- b) Our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, etc.;
- c) Companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing;
- d) Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or a similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, and to any other third party with your prior consent to do so, unless notification is prohibited by the applicable law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We are part of a group of local companies, headquartered in Yamanashi, Japan. We also work with third party service providers in different countries (for example, cloud providers, web hosting, helpdesk software providers, payment processors). Therefore, your information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and stored, or processed in other countries, as part of our business operations. By using our Site, you consent to any transfer of your information to these locations.
7. How long do we retain information?
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than it is necessary for the purpose that the personal information is processed. We use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your personal information within a reasonable timeframe upon request.
8. Regarding SSL
Our Site uses ‘SSL’ to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access to our Site and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this information is transferred to our server, the information is automatically encrypted when transmitted and received by servers. Therefore, if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no need to worry about the content being stolen.
If you use a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access our Site or input information.
9. Your European privacy rights
* For European residents only.
We collect and process personal information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the GDPR. The legal bases will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information. This means we collect and use your personal information only where:
- a) We need it to provide the services, including to operate the Site, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Site;
- b) It satisfies a legitimate interest (which does not override your rights and interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Site and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- c) You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- d) We need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of personal information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind and at any time.
We may use your email address to send you newsletter or marketing emails. We will ask for your consent in line with the applicable law when you first provide your personal information. You can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us using the Customer Support page on our Site.
a) Request access to your personal information.
You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
b) Request correction of your personal information.
You may have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
c) Request erasure of your personal information.
You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
d) Request restriction of processing your personal information.
You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
e) Request transfer of your personal information.
You may have the right to request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our policy or privacy practices, please contact us by postal mail.
11. Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
April 21, 2022 Enacted
Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours.
CEO Eiichi Shimizu
General information for handling personal information
1．Person in charge
Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours.Hirofumi Imamura
2．Purpose of utilizing personal information
2.1 Customer’s personal information
- * To accept reservation, to arrange transportation and lodging, to charge fees, and to contact customers
- * To send information and advertisement to customers
- * To receive comments from customers
2.2 Merchant’s personal information
* To negotiate and/or contact on business, to place orders, to charge or make payments
2.3 Employee’s personal information
* To manage employees (wages, taxes, health issues, pension, insurance and contact to employees)
2.4 Personal information utilized for recruits
* To offer recruit information, to contact and to hire applicants
2.5 Personal information pertaining to inquiry
* To correspond to inquiries
2.6 Personal information retained indirectly from our client company
- * To perform the travel order received from clients
- * To issue airplane tickets
Above 2.1 to 2.5 are information subject for disclosure (including personal information stated in Personal Information Protection Law)
3. Credit card information
- 3.1 Purpose of usage: To charge for the service purchased by customers.
- 3.2 Person to collect personal information: Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours.
- 3.3 Destination of personal information: The credit card company which the client used for payment.
- 3.4 Duration of retaining personal information: 5 years at the longest, after the execution of the service.
4. How to make request for disclosure
Please contact for any inquiry, for complaints, for request for disclosure or for other requests to:
Phonet Inc. Fujisan Prefecture Tours
Fujisan Plaza, 3631-2 Funatsu, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi Prefecture (Post Code: 401-0301)
4.1 Required form: A request for disclosure of personal information
4.2 Necessary documents to verify the person of requested information:
Please attach one of the followings to the required form.
- * Driver’s license
- * Passport
- * Basic resident register card
- * Health insurance card
- * Other official documents to verify the person of requested information
On one's legal domicile, please leave only the prefecture as it is and paint the rest of the information in black.
4.3 Necessary documents to verify the person of request when the request was made by an attorney
When the request was made by an attorney, please attach the documents to verify that person is an attorney, adding to the documents requested above for the verification of the person of the information.
4.3.1 The documents to verify that person is an attorney
When the request to the attorney was made by the person of the information:
･ A letter of attorney
When the person of request is 19 years old or younger, and the attorney is a legal representative of the person of request:
- ･ A copy of family register
- ･ A resident card (family relationship must be stated on the card)
- ･ Other official documents to certify that person is a legal representative of the person of the information
When the person of request is an adult guardian of the person of the information, and the attorney is a legal representative of the person of request:
- ･ A certificate of registered matter for adult guardian
- ･ Other official documents to certify that person is a legal representative of the adult guardian
4.3.2 The documents to verify the attorney
- ･ Driver’s license
- ･ Passport
- ･ Health insurance card
- ･ A copy of family register
- ･ A resident card
- ･ basic resident registration card
On one's legal domicile, please leave only the prefecture as it is and paint the rest of the information in black.
For a “Request for a notice of the purpose of usage” or a “Request of disclosure”, a fee of JPY1,000 - will be charged to you. Please pay by stamps or by money order.
4.5 How we correspond to your request
Basically, we send you a reply by a mail in a sealed envelope.
5．Contact for complaints on how we handle the requested information for disclosure
To you or your attorney’s request to notify the purpose of usage, to disclose information, to edit information, to add or delete information, to suspend, to erase and to stop providing personal information we retain, which are subject for disclosure (hereinafter referred to as “request for disclosure”), we will correspond to you as follows.
5.1 Contact for complaints on how we handle personal information
Please refer to 4. How to make request for disclosure